day in 1929, a woman by the name of Antoinette Burnham took a look
at the old Bridge and the weeds that had grown on it over the years. She realized this could be an excellent place for a garden and breath
some new life into the old Bridge. It would soon be the home of many flowers, plants, trees, shrubs, and vines giving the Bridge a brand new beautiful glow.
The Shelburne Falls Women's Club sponsored the project in 1928. Within a year, eighty tons of loam and fertilizer were spread out
along the Bridge. Over time, the Bridge began to deteriorate, and in 1981, funds were gathered
to give the Bridge another chance to live and thrive.
By 1983, with the help of over 500 individuals, every plant had been carefully removed
and cared for in private gardens until the restoration on the Bridge was completed
. It was then brought
back to its original glory. And to this day, it still exactly the way it was always supposed